[CogSci] Call for Abstracts: Learning Language in Humans and in Machines 2018 Conference (l2hm2018), 5-6 Jul 2018, Paris (France)

Audrey Bedel audrey-bedel at orange.fr
Thu Feb 15 07:16:11 PST 2018

LEARNING LANGUAGE IN HUMANS AND IN MACHINES 2018 CONFERENCE (L2HM2018)

5-6 July, 2018
Paris, France
Website: https://l2hm2018.sciencesconf.org/

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Recent advances in machine learning and big data open up the possibility of reverse engineering cognitive language acquisition, with potential benefits to both psycholinguistics and AI.

In this context, we are putting together an interdisciplinary 2-day workshop aimed at bringing together researchers who work on language acquisition in both fields. We are especially interested in:

1. Computational studies on language acquisition related questions, using realistic, large scale data (natural and/or artificial).

2. Psycholinguistic work on language acquisition that may have consequences for computational models. For example, that implies a need for constraints/ assumptions in models.

We invite submissions for poster presentations on experimental and/or modeling approaches to human and machine language learning by 24th March 2018 (23.59 CET).

Submit here : https://l2hm2018.sciencesconf.org/user/submissions

Submission timeline:

	• February 9th: abstract submission opens
	• March 24th: abstract submission deadline
	• May 1st: notification of abstract acceptance
	• May 7st: camera-ready abstract due
	• June 1st: poster uploaded to OSF

For more information, visit https://l2hm2018.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/9 or mail us at legrain.lhm at gmail.com.

The l2hm2018 organising committee