[CogSci] gender differences in navigation? data needed for meta-analysis

NORA NEWCOMBE newcombe at temple.edu
Thu Sep 14 09:27:18 PDT 2017

We are conducting a meta-analysis on gender differences in spatial navigation and wayfinding and we need your help! There has been much research on how men and women differ in terms of their spatial navigation abilities, some of which was summarized over 10 years ago by Collucia & Louse (2004). However, it appears that nobody has conducted a meta-analysis on this topic yet. Therefore, we hope to clarify the state of affairs for gender differences in performance on spatial navigation tasks. Note that we are interested mostly in task where performance was recorded. This means that studies examining exclusively strategy selection do not fit our parameters.

We would be most grateful if you could send us any work that you have conducted with spatial navigation and wayfinding tasks that include data for males and females. These data could be from a dissertation, a report, an unpublished manuscript, etc., as long as they relate to gender differences in spatial navigation.

Please send electronic material to Alina Nazareth alina.nazareth at temple.edu<mailto:alina.nazareth at temple.edu>

Best regards,

Daniel Voyer, Nora Newcombe, Alina Nazareth and Xing Huang

Nora S. Newcombe, Ph.D.
Laura H. Carnell Professor of Psychology
James H. Glackin Distinguished Faculty Fellow
Temple University
1701 N. 13th Street, Room 318
Philadelphia PA 19122-6085
(215) 204-6944 (office phone)
PLEASE EMAIL RATHER THAN LEAVE VOICEMAIL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE
(215) 204-8100 (office fax)
newcombe at temple.edu<mailto:newcombe at temple.edu>
https://sites.temple.edu/newcombe/