[CogSci] 3-year post-doc position in Cognitive Neuroscience, Bielefeld, Germany

Christoph Kayser christoph.kayser at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 10 03:01:21 PDT 2017

The Department for Cognitive Neuroscience at Bielefeld University, Germany,
is advertising two 3-year Postdoctoral positions in multisensory behavioural
and neuroimaging studies.

We are looking to fill two 3 year positions in the context of the EU-funded
ERC project DynaSens ("Understanding the neural mechanisms of multisensory
perception based on computational principles").

The Department for Cognitive Neuroscience is dedicated to understanding the
integration of multisensory information in the brain. The planned studies
use state of the art EEG imaging methodology, combined with eyetracking,
psychophysical paradigms and quantitative data analysis to better understand
when and how the brain combines different sensory channels to inform
perception. Further details about our research can be found on our current
website ( <http://inl.ccni.gla.ac.uk/> http://inl.ccni.gla.ac.uk/).

The positions are research only and require all aspects of study design,
implementation, data collection, data analysis and the write up of results.

Applicants should have (or expect to receive in the near future) a PhD in
neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, mathematics, or a relevant
discipline. We are especially interested in devotion to advanced
quantitative data analysis including the capabilities to program or modify
analysis code. The ideal applicant will have a strong analytical background
and direct experience using MATLAB software. Experience with neuroimaging is
required. Any applicant should have enthusiasm, and a clear, demonstrable
capacity for acquiring expertise in these techniques.

These positions are funded for 3 years starting 1. November 2017, at Germany
salary grades TV-L E 13.

Questions or applications (cover letter, CV) may be directed to the PI:
<mailto:Christoph.Kayser at uni-bielefeld.de> Christoph.Kayser at uni-bielefeld.de