[CogSci] Job Opening for tenure-track position in Cognitive Neuroscience at Univ of Michigan-Dearborn

Nitya Sethuraman nitya at umich.edu
Sat Oct 21 17:08:59 PDT 2017

Apologies if you are receiving multiple copies of this listing from various
sources

*Information on how to apply for this position: *

https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000394648-01
<https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000394648-01>

*Job Description:*

The Behavioral Sciences Department in the College of Arts, Sciences, and
Letters (CASL), Psychology Program invites applicants to apply for a
full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Cognitive Neuroscience
beginning in Fall 2018. We are particularly interested in scholars whose
research and teaching interests reflect interdisciplinary approaches and
emerging issues in Psychology and Neuroscience. Although the specific
research area is open, the focus should be on human cognitive neuroscience.

Preference will be given to individuals able to teach Cognitive
Neuroscience and Physiological Psychology courses to fulfill student needs
in the Psychology and Biological & Behavioral Sciences programs. There are
also opportunities for the new faculty member to teach Physiological
Psychology (undergraduate and graduate), Advanced Physiological Psychology,
Clinical Neuropsychology, Cognition, Research Methods, and possibly
Statistics, as well as develop new courses in their area of research
specialty.

All tenure track faculty are expected to develop an independent program of
research in his or her area of specialization. We would welcome a
highly-qualified Cognitive Neuroscientist with specialization in any area
of human cognition and neuroscience. We especially value candidates who
have demonstrated interest in involving undergraduate students in research,
as all tenure-track faculty are expected to provide research opportunities
to our students, both undergraduate and graduate. Our Discipline views
undergraduate research as a top priority in Psychology majors’ education at
UM Dearborn.

The University of Michigan-Dearborn is one of the three campuses of the
University of Michigan.  We are a comprehensive university offering high
quality undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education
primarily to residents of southeastern Michigan, and attracts more than
9,000 students. Faculty and students have the opportunity to collaborate
across all three campuses in research and scholarly activity. University of
Michigan-Dearborn is located ten minutes west of Detroit and forty minutes
east of Ann Arbor. The campus is strategically located on 200 suburban
acres of the original Henry Ford Estate.

The College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters (CASL) seeks to recruit and
retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the
diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University,
and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways
of knowing and learning.  Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities,
and veterans are encouraged to apply. The University is responsive to the
needs of dual career couples.

The University of Michigan-Dearborn, as an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws
regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of
Michigan is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in
employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. Inquiries
or complaints may be addressed Office of Institutional Equity, 4901
Evergreen Road, Suite 1020, Administrative Services Building, Dearborn,
Michigan 48128-1491, (313) 593-5190. For other University of Michigan
information call 734-764-1817.  The University of Michigan conducts
background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent
offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks.
Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit
Reporting Act.