[CogSci] PHD Opportunity in Cognitive-Computational Psychology

Rani Moran rani.moran at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 08:45:49 PDT 2024

Dear All,

There is an exciting opportunity to pursue a funded PhD with me at Queen
Mary University of London, starting in January 2025. *Please help me spread
the news by forwarding this to people who may be interested.*

To benefit from funding, candidates have to qualify for Home fees in the UK.

The PhD will focus on using reinforcement learning to study how we update
our beliefs in the face of mis/disinformation. I am particularly interested
in candidates with strong computational skills (e.g., computational models
of cognitive processes) and some experience in programming (e.g., online
experiments).

Further information can be found at:

·
https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/characterising-cognitive-biases-elicited-by-disinformation-using-reinforcement-learning/?p174130

·         Postgraduate research studentships - School of Biological and
Behavioural Sciences (qmul.ac.uk)
<https://www.qmul.ac.uk/sbbs/postgraduate/phd-programmes/postgraduate-research-studentships/>

If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more about
it, please contact me via email at r,moran at qmul.ac.uk
<a.pirrone at liverpool.ac.uk> and include your CV.

Best wishes,

Rani
--
Rani Moran,
Lecturer in Psychology,
School of Biological and Behavioural Sciences,
Queen Mary, University of London

Honorary Research Fellow,
Max Planck UCL Centre for Computational Psychiatry and Ageing,
University College London (UCL)