[CogSci] Multi-session online baby study!

Moira Dillon moira.dillon at nyu.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:40:20 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

My lab is conducting a new *online study* for babies between 14.5 and 15.5 months (born at ≥ 37 weeks). The study explores how babies think about others’ social goals and affiliations, and it is special for us and for our participants because it includes multiple testing sessions.

The study is conducted on Zoom and includes six ~20 min online sessions on separate days, all scheduled before babies turn 15.5 months. In each session, babies watch a ~5-minute video of simple geometric shapes interacting in a maze-like environment. We have flexible scheduling, including evenings and weekends.

After each session, participants receive a $10 Amazon gift card per session and a $20 Amazon gift card completion bonus after the sixth session (totaling $80, redeemable only at amazon.com <http://amazon.com/>). To participate, you need a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam (not a tablet or phone) and a stable internet connection.

To sign up to be contacted for this study with your baby, please use the following form: https://forms.gle/53CxzUL9KtKQr5mMA. We’ll be running this study for a while, so please feel free to sign up if your baby is ~6 months or older.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or to the lab at labdevelopingmind at nyu.edu <mailto:labdevelopingmind at nyu.edu>.

Thanks!
Molly

Moira R. Dillon, Ph.D. (she)