[CogSci] Multiple Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in the Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University

Paulo Carvalho pcarvalh at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 16 07:04:06 PDT 2024

The Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University is
seeking one or more tenure-track faculty members to join our research
community. We particularly encourage applications from behavioral
scientists with strong research programs on the cognitive or social aspects
of human-technology interaction who will contribute to our highly
interdisciplinary department. We encourage applicants with early timelines
to apply by Nov 1. See below for details and information on how to apply.

*We're hiring for Tenure-Track Faculty Positions*
The Human-Computer Interaction Institute (HCII) in the School of Computer
Science (SCS) and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) seeks candidates for one
or more tenure-track faculty appointments to begin in Fall 2025.

We enthusiastically encourage applicants across all areas, fields,
methodological backgrounds, and disciplines related to human-computer
interaction (HCI) to apply. We will consider candidates at Assistant,
Associate, or Full Professor level.
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated track record in research,
strong academic credentials, a history of or interest in interdisciplinary
research and undergraduate and graduate teaching, and a terminal graduate
degree appropriate to their discipline.
About the HCI Institute

The HCI Institute is an academic department with more than 40 faculty
members who come from a range of different disciplines, including computer
science, cognitive psychology, social psychology, design, and games.
Research interests include but are not limited to: Human-Centered
Artificial Intelligence, Human-Data Interaction, the Future of Work,
Health, Mobile HCI, Social Computing, Cognitive Science, Research through
Design, Service Design, Education Learning Sciences and Technologies,
Usable Privacy and Security, Human-Centered Software Engineering,
Interaction Techniques, Accessibility, and 3D printing and Making. These
topics form a variety of interdisciplinary collaborations both within the
department and across the university. The HCI Institute has a PhD program,
several master’s programs, and an undergraduate major and minor.

The HCI Institute is part of the School of Computer Science (SCS) at
Carnegie Mellon. SCS is home to seven departments and over 200
tenure-track, research, and teaching faculty with expertise spanning
traditional computer science, human-computer interaction, language
technology, machine learning, computational biology, software engineering,
and robotics. The SCS offers a highly collaborative and uniquely
interdisciplinary research environment that promotes innovation and
entrepreneurship in both teaching and research.

*How to Apply*
Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received and will
continue until the position is filled; all candidates are urged to apply
before December 11, 2024.

To accommodate earlier hiring cycles, for example, for social, behavioral,
communication sciences, psychology, and design candidates, such candidates
are urged to apply before November 1, 2024.

For more information about the position and to apply online, visit the
following posting on Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/150683

*Equal Employment Opportunity Statement*
Carnegie Mellon University shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§
60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as
protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit
discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that
covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.

--
Paulo Carvalho, Ph.D. (he/him)
Assistant Professor
www.theoaklab.org