[CogSci] Survey eliciting cognitive scientists’ attitudes toward LLMs

Nick Ichien nickichien at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:05:06 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We are collecting researchers’ attitudes about the relevance of Large
Language Models (LLMs) for studying high-level cognition. For this, we are
asking cognitive scientists of all stripes (undergraduate students,
graduate students, postdocs, faculty, industry and government researchers,
etc.) to please complete this 5- to 10-minute survey (link pasted below).
Our goal is to measure the range of opinions on LLMs in our field, to help
build consensus, and to guide future research.

https://tinyurl.com/llms-cogsci

We plan to present these data in an upcoming symposium, "LLMs in Higher
Cognition" at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society in
Rotterdam.

Thank you,

Nick Ichien and Sudeep Bhatia

University of Pennsylvania