[CogSci] Need help distributing the Faculty Expectations Survey

Raval, Vaishali ravalvv at miamioh.edu
Mon Jun 3 07:41:19 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We aim to understand the challenges experienced by international applicants
in successfully getting admission to psychology graduate programs in North
America along with faculty expectations of international applicants. We
need YOUR help!

If you are a *faculty member in a graduate program* in any subfield of
psychology who recruits graduate students (including program heads,
director of clinical training), we want to hear from you. Please complete this
online survey <https://miamioh.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eUIKWvO3BLRjkGO>
describing
your experiences of recruiting students to your graduate program in
psychology. The purpose of the study is to examine expectations of faculty
for international applicants.

 Completing this survey is voluntary. This study was approved as exempt
from Miami University IRB. Please forward this message to your networks,
and contact Vaishali Raval (ravalvv at miamioh.edu) with any questions.

Thank you,

Vaishali

--
Vaishali V. Raval, PhD (she/her)

Professor, Department of Psychology
<https://www.miamioh.edu/cas/academics/departments/psychology/index.html>

Miami University

90 N Patterson Ave.

Oxford, OH 45056, USA

T: 513-529-6209 | CARE Lab
<https://www.miamioh.edu/cas/academics/departments/psychology/faculty/labs/care-lab/>

X: @care_mu <https://twitter.com/care_mu>

Miami University is located within the traditional homelands of the Myaamia
and Shawnee people <https://miamioh.edu/diversity-inclusion/land/>, who along
with other indigenous groups ceded these lands to the United States in
1795. I honor this land and am grateful for the deep connection between Miami
University and the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma.

How can psychological science be truly global? Read our recent article
<https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037%2Famp0001229>