[CogSci] Many Minds podcast

Urte Laukaityte urte.laukas at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 17 07:42:40 PDT 2024

Dear all,

I'm a PhD candidate at UC Berkeley in philosophy of cognitive science. In
my capacity as assistant producer for Many Minds
<https://disi.org/manyminds/>, I wanted to bring this great cognitive
science podcast to your attention. We have just wrapped our 5th season!

*Our world is brimming with beings—human, animal, and
artificial. Many Minds explores how they think, sense, feel, and learn.*

A few recent episodes that could be of particular interest:
Of molecules and memories
<https://disi.org/of-molecules-and-memories/> features
Dr. Sam Gershman discussing the molecular basis of memory.
Can we measure consciousness?
<https://disi.org/can-we-measure-consciousness/> is a conversation with Dr.
Tim Bayne on consciousness tests.
The borderlands of perception
<https://disi.org/the-borderlands-of-perception/> covers modularity,
top-down effects on perception, and epistemological stubbornness with Dr.
Chaz Firestone.
A new picture of language <https://disi.org/a-new-picture-of-language/> has
Dr. Neil Cohn defending a multimodal view of language, which includes a
separate linguistic modality for drawings.
My own audio essay Rehabilitating placebo
<https://disi.org/rehabilitating-placebo/> also came out this season,
looking into how placebo/nocebo might work in the cognitive system.

You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts as well as X @ManyMindsPod
<https://twitter.com/ManyMindsPod> and Bluesky @manymindspod.bsky.social
<http://manymindspod.bsky.social/>.

Best regards,