[CogSci] meta-analysis: searching for data on the effect of overall stimulus intensity on decision making

Angelo Pirrone angelopirrone at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 08:50:00 PDT 2024

Dear All,

My colleagues and I are conducting a meta-analysis to clarify the effect of overall stimulus intensity (also known as the "magnitude" of the alternatives) on decision making. We are especially interested in clarifying the effect of overall stimulus intensity on decision accuracy.

If you have a study that fulfils the criteria below, we would appreciate if you were willing to share the data with us for inclusion in the meta-analysis. We are interested in any relevant dataset, whether published or unpublished. We welcome datasets related to any form of decision making (e.g., perceptual, preferential, any number of alternatives).

Inclusion criteria are:
– Experimental manipulation of overall stimulus intensity. This requires knowing what the values of the alternatives were
– Reaction times and decision accuracy recorded (for preferential decisions, whether the best alternative was selected)
– Raw individual level data (i.e., not aggregated data)
– Participants aged 18 years or older

Please send the data by email to Angelo Pirrone (a.pirrone at liverpool.ac.uk) with a manuscript/draft if available or a brief description. Ideally, we would appreciate receiving data by May 31st, 2024 if possible.

Feel free to email me for further questions.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Angelo Pirrone

--