[CogSci] Lectureship/Assistant Profressor Positions in Cognitive Science (London-based)

Rick Cooper (Staff) r.cooper at bbk.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 12:00:57 PDT 2024

The School of Psychological Science, Birkbeck University of London is seeking 2 open ended Lecturers (tenure track Assistant Professors). We are particularly interested in applicants with experience of computational modelling and psychological processes (e.g., Cognitive Science or Computational Cognitive Neuroscience).

The department has consistently been ranked within the top 10 research intensive institutions in the UK. Details of the department can be found here: https://www.bbk.ac.uk/school/psychological-sciences

We are looking for someone with an emerging research track record in all areas of cognitive neuroscience (especially with practical experience of neuroimaging and fMRI) and/or cognitive science (including experimental cognitive psychology and computational modelling), and whose research interests link broadly with our existing research themes.

This is your chance to be part of a world-class research intensive department situated in the heart of London's historic Bloomsbury area. Our research focuses on four themes: Perception, Attention, Action and Emotion; Cognitive Computational Modelling; Brain and Cognitive Development; and Health and Lived Experience.

Within these themes, research is supported through dedicated research centres (e.g., Birkbeck/UCL Centre for Neuroimaging BUCNI; Centre for Cognition, Computation and Modelling, Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development), research groups and labs.

As a member of our Faculty, you will have access to cutting-edge facilities. This includes the recently launched £8.5 million Wohl-Wolfson Toddler lab, complementing our existing Babylab. Additionally, we offer 3T and 1.5T MRI scanners at the Birkbeck-UCL Centre for Neuroimaging (BUCNI).

Our resources also include a range of advanced equipment and laboratories, such as fNIRS, eye-tracking, Virtual Reality, multiple EEG systems, genetics, behavioural and Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA) research facilities.

Further details can application processes can be found here:
https://cis7.bbk.ac.uk/vacancy/lecturer-in-psychology-x2-554898.html

If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Professor Elisa Raffaella Ferre, Head of School of Psychological Sciences, at elisa.ferre at bbk.ac.uk<mailto:elisa.ferre at bbk.ac.uk>.

We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. The College is committed to improving the gender and cultural diversity of its workforce, holding an Athena SWAN award and operating Disability Confident & Mindful Employer schemes.
----

Professor Rick Cooper, FAPS, FHEA
Executive Dean and Professor of Cognitive Science
Faculty of Science,
Birkbeck, University of London

Direct line: 020 3926 1063
Email: R.Cooper at bbk.ac.uk