[CogSci] Invitation to join a Lorentz workshop on “Cognitive Modeling of Complex Behaviors” in Leiden, January 8-12, 2024.

Bruno Nicenboim B.Nicenboim at tilburguniversity.edu
Wed Sep 27 00:29:56 PDT 2023

We (Bruno Nicenboim, Marieke van Vugt, Riccardo Fusaroli) are organizing
a 5 day hands-on workshop, where domain-experts  will work together with
expert computational modelers to develop new cognitively motivated
computational models of complex behaviors.
Seehttps://www.lorentzcenter.nl/cognitive-modeling-of-complex-behavior.htmlfor
a full description and a link to the application form.
We invite domain experts incognitive science domains, who know
statsandprogramming and want to model a complex behaviorbutfeel
theydon't have the tools to develop their own models. Early career
researchers are especially encouraged to apply.
The workshop will consist of a day of examples and discussions, and 4
days of hands-on work in self-organized groups with both experienced
modelers and domain-experts who will engage on the modeling of a complex
behavior (e.g. turn taking in conversation, eye movement during reading,
word learning in children, etc.).  In other words, the workshop does not
consist of lectures and tutorials, but of group projects and collective
discussions.
The workshop is free to attend, but participants need to covertheir
owntravel and accommodationexpenses.

Apply
here:https://www.lorentzcenter.nl/cognitive-modeling-of-complex-behavior.html

--