[CogSci] Research program manager position at UW-Madison

Dan Grupe grupe at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 11 16:06:41 PDT 2023

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Healthy Minds is looking for a Research Program Manager (RPM) for a new program of research exploring what well-being interventions work for whom and in which contexts. This research includes a complex multi-arm intervention study of meditation and electrical stimulation in people at-risk for suicidality, and a large national study to detect emotional states using mobile phones and offer tailored well-being practices. Both projects are funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to benefit general and military populations.

The RPM will oversee the Targeted Intervention Development program area. This includes the studies described above, and any other projects that arise from this program of research. They will act as project manager to break down complex aims into actionable steps and milestones, while guiding the team through any potential challenges that may arise. This will include overseeing the creation of study procedures and protocols for recruitment, consent, payment, remote and in-person data collection, data cleaning, processing, and analysis; and providing training, support, and supervision of six research staff to implement those procedures and protocols. Therefore, the RPM must be familiar with human subjects research and regulatory compliance, with preference to those who have specific experience with clinical trials and FDA regulations.

Equity and inclusion are integral to achieving the vision of the Center for Healthy Minds. We seek candidates committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of their work. Given the societal inequities in science and academia, as well as the disproportionate harm that marginalized members of our society experience - especially women and Black, Indigenous, People of Color - we believe these identities must be centered in our work. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from individuals from marginalized or underrepresented groups. If this role speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.

For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/research-program-manager-madison-wisconsin-united-states-76d52f75-af60-4315-9e3d-2734e5302fc5. Application deadline is September 29.

--
Dan Grupe, Ph.D.
Associate Scientist