[CogSci] Recruiting Ph.D. Students for AI & HRI at CUNY

Raj Korpan raj.m.korpan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:47:55 PDT 2023

Dear Cognitive Science community,

Please see the announcement below for a fully-funded Ph.D. position in
computer science at The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
starting in Fall 2024. I am recruiting students to join the Trustworthy,
Intelligent, and Explainable Robotics (TIER) lab, which is part of the
Computer Science department at Hunter College. Interested students are
invited to reach out over email (raj.korpan at hunter.cuny.edu). Thank you for
your consideration and please share this information with any interested
students.

Sincerely,
Raj Korpan

---

Professor Raj Korpan, Ph.D. is seeking motivated students to join the TIER
Lab. My research is in the design and development of robotic systems that
solve complex, real-world problems while they also build trust with people
and explain their behavior. This research is at the intersection of
artificial intelligence, human-robot interaction, machine learning,
robotics, and cognitive science.  You can find more information here:
https://tierlab.commons.gc.cuny.edu/research/join-tier-lab/

The lab invites Ph.D. applications for a fully-funded Ph.D. position
starting in Fall 2024 in the Computer Science Ph.D. program
<https://www.gc.cuny.edu/computer-science> at the Graduate Center, CUNY
<https://www.gc.cuny.edu/> in New York City, New York, USA. Interested
students should be hardworking, good at communicating, experienced
programmers, and interested in the lab’s research topics. As this is an
interdisciplinary lab, I welcome candidates with a wide variety of
backgrounds, such as computer science, robotics, engineering, cognitive
science, or a related area. Students from underrepresented groups in
computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given
to students who have relevant research experience.

For consideration, please send your Statement of Purpose, Transcripts,
CV/resume, and any relevant publications or materials to
raj.korpan at hunter.cuny.edu by December 1, 2023. The deadline for
applications to the Graduate Center is January 15, 2024. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for interviews!

---

Raj Korpan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
Hunter College, City University of New York
Pronouns: he/him/his