[CogSci] UC Berkeley Language and Cognitive Development Lab Summer 2024 Internship

Emily Chau lcdmanager at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:35:36 PST 2023

University of California, Berkeley

Language and Cognitive Development Lab Summer 2024 Internship Program

The Language and Cognitive Development Lab at UC Berkeley, under the
direction of Dr. Mahesh Srinivasan, is now accepting applications for our
2024 summer internship program. Highly motivated undergraduates, graduating
seniors, and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Our lab explores how
linguistic, cognitive, and social abilities arise during human development
and a central goal of our research is exploring how these different aspects
of development interact with one another.

The 9-week internship will be from June 3rd to August 2nd, 2024. Interns
will be expected to work onsite for 30 hours/week and although, we
recommend applicants apply for outside funding, we will provide a stipend
of $3375 to those who are not able to secure funding.

Interns will work closely with the lab manager, graduate students,
postdoctoral fellows, and each other, and will meet with
Professor Srinivasan to discuss their research. Interns will be involved in
many facets of the research process, such as: assisting with data
collection, running studies at local schools and museums, working on
stimuli creation and preparation of study materials, reading relevant
theoretical and empirical papers, recruiting participants, and processing
or analyzing data. The goal of this program is to provide a comprehensive,
hands-on research experience to students, while making valuable
contributions to cognitive science.

Please refer to https://lcdlab.berkeley.edu/summer-internship/ for more
information and application instructions. The application deadline is
Thursday, February 1st, 2024 at 9:00 AM PDT. Please note: accepted interns
will have to pass a background check as required by the university since
this role involves conducting research with minors.

Please direct any questions to Emily Chau at lcdmanager at berkeley.edu.
--
*Emily Chau *
LCD Lab Manager