[CogSci] PhD / Postdoc positions at Boston University, CDS

Joshua Peterson peterson.c.joshua at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 10:22:00 PST 2023

The Data Science of the Mind Lab (http://www.datascienceofthemind.com/) at
Boston University, invites applications for (fully funded) Ph.D. positions
in Data Science, starting Fall 2024, and is also looking for one postdoc.

Our research leverages large-scale online experiments and machine learning
to understand human cognition. Our current primary focus is on applying
these tools, along with newly emerging ones like Large Language Models
(LLMs), to study human decision making, though candidates with interests in
all areas of cognition will be considered.

Applicants from diverse academic backgrounds, including but not limited to
psychology, cognitive science, data science, computer science,
human-computer interaction, and behavioral economics are encouraged to
apply.

The Data Science of the Mind Lab in Computing & Data Sciences (CDS;
https://www.bu.edu/cds) is housed in the beautiful new 19-story CCDS
building at Boston University. Members are part of a fast-growing, highly
interdisciplinary environment and one of the largest communities of
neighboring research universities in the country.

Interested applicants can contact the director of the lab, Dr. Joshua
Peterson, at joshcp at bu.edu and apply for the PhD program at
https://www.bu.edu/cds-faculty/programs-admissions/phd-degree/.

Priority PhD application deadline: *Dec 15*
Final PhD application deadline: *Feb 1*