[CogSci] Three PhD positions at the University of Arizona

Lai, Vicky Tzuyin - (tzuyinlai) tzuyinlai at arizona.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:06:09 PST 2023

Three PhD positions at the University of Arizona

1. A PhD position is available in the Child Cognition Lab (https://www.childcognitionlab.arizona.edu<https://www.childcognitionlab.arizona.edu/>) directed by Dr. Rebecca Gomez. Our research focuses on infant and child language acquisition at the interface of language and cognitive processes. My students and I are keenly interested in how language acquisition changes as children acquire knowledge of language and as memory abilities develop. Specific areas of interest are statistical learning and word learning. See our publications at  https://psychology.arizona.edu/users/rebecca-gomez. Interested applicants can contact Dr. Rebecca Gomez at rgomez at arizona.edu<mailto:rgomez at arizona.edu> and apply at https://psychology.arizona.edu/academics/apply-graduate-program by December 1, 2023.

2. PhD positions are available at the Language and Neuroimaging reproach Laboratory (http://akielar.faculty.arizona.edu/) in Speech, Language, Hearing Sciences at the University of Arizona directed by Dr. Aneta Kielar. The opportunities will be available in the fall of 2024. The focus of the laboratory is neural basis of language and neurogenic language disorders. We conduct multidisciplinary research that spans several areas including cognitive neuroscience, linguistics and cognitive science. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to conduct research using high density EEG system, fMRI and, tDCS and rTMS. The position is funded by graduate research/teaching assistantships (GRA/GTA). Interested applicants should contact Dr. Aneta Kielar at akielar at arizona.edu<mailto:akielar at arizona.edu>.

3. A PhD position is available in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Laboratory (https://neurolang.lab.arizona.edu/) directed by Dr. Vicky Lai. Our research topics include the neural basis of figurative language, the role of metaphor on learning and memory in typical and diverse populations, and emotional language in younger and older adults. We primarily use EEG, fMRI, and behavioral methods. Interested applicants can contact Dr. Vicky Lai at tzuyinlai at arizona.edu<mailto:tzuyinlai at arizona.edu> and apply at https://psychology.arizona.edu/academics/apply-graduate-program by December 1, 2023.

Vicky Tzuyin Lai (She/her/hers)

Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology<https://psychology.arizona.edu/> | Cognitive Science<https://science.arizona.edu/cogsci> Program

Lab website: Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Laboratory<https://neurolang.lab.arizona.edu/>

University of Arizona