[CogSci] Extended Deadline: Call for Abstracts 2.TRR Conference „Measuring Understanding“

TRR 318 Conference Organization conference at trr318.uni-paderborn.de
Mon May 15 01:10:24 PDT 2023

Dear researchers,

the deadline for the 2nd TRR Conference on "Measuring Understanding" has
been extended.

This year's conference of the collaborative research center TRR 318
"Constructing Explainability" focuses on measuring understanding.

As keynote speakers we are happy to welcome Sylvaine Tuncer (King's
Collage London, UK) and Niels Taatgen (University of Groningen, NL)!

We invite all researchers working on topics concerning Explainable
Artificial Intelligence and Understanding in Explainable Artifical
Intelligence to submit your work as an abstract until 5.6.2023 (extended
Deadline) to <conference at trr318.uni-paderborn.de>. The conference will
be held in Paderborn from the 06.11.2023 - 07.11.2023 and there will be
no conference fees.

Call for Abstracts:

Deadline for submissions: 05.06.2023

The TRR 318 is an interdisciplinary research centre on the topic of
Constructing Explain- ability. According to the constructive view, if an
explanation is successful, it results in an understanding. Current XAI
research is cen- tering around solutions of how to achieve
understanding. This year's topic of the 2. TRR conference is therefore
"Measuring Un- derstanding" and we call for contributions from diverse
disciplines. The contributions can include different methods and tools
to assess and measure understanding in the

context of (a) dyadic everyday explanations (b) the context of
interpretability or explain- ability of AI systems, or (c) of
institutional environments. Specifically, the contribu- tions should
focus on the methodological challenge of how to measure and opera-
tionalise understanding in diverse explana- tory settings including
human-human inter- action and human-machine interaction, and what are
the implications of these measure- ments for XAI.

Please submit your extended abstract (1-2 pages, including references)
as a .pdf and a .docx/.tex files to conference at trr318.uni-paderborn.de
until 05.06.2023. Notifications: 16.06.2023.

For more information, please visit the conference website:
https://trr318.uni-paderborn.de/conferences/measuring-understanding.

Also, please feel free to forward this e-mail and attachment to
colleagues and your research network.

Kind regards,

Vivien Lohmer

Josephine Fisher