[CogSci] Creativity and technology: exploring new possibilities with our minds and bodies

Alla Gubenko alla at gubenko.eu
Mon May 8 11:33:25 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues and fellow researchers,

We cordially invite your contributions to the Creativity and Technology symposium that will be held on 17th of July 2023 as a part of the  3rd International Conference of Possibility Studies   https://www.possibilitystudies.net/ in Dublin.

Conference:
The  3rd International Conference of Possibility Studies
July 17-21, 2023
Dublin, Ireland
https://www.possibilitystudies.net/

Title of Symposium:
Creativity and technology: exploring new possibilities with our minds and bodies

Abstract
Technology has many roles to play in human cognition. As new forms of artificial creative aids gain momentum and become accessible, it is time to ponder on the relationship between humans and technology and explore the affordances of new technology with respect to the human creative process and learning. How can new technology augment or hinder human creativity? How could we use new AI tools as a medium for artistic expression? What are the consequences of extensive overreliance on technology? This symposium aims to critically reflect on the impact of new technologies on our minds and bodies and outline ways we can be creative with artificial tools and build a healthy technological partnership.

Co-chairs:
Alla Gubenko ( alla at gubenko.eu ), Claude Houssemand (claude.houssemand at uni.lu).

We see the symposium as an excellent opportunity to present already published work or work in progress and build interdisciplinary collaborations at the intersection of creativity, education, and embodied technology.

As a follow-up to the symposium, we are planning to initiate a special issue on the topic of  Creativity and Technology  in the  Possibility Studies & Society  journal.

We thus invite submissions that could provide a valuable addition to the panel and inspire the audience.

Symposium co-chair:
Alla Gubenko (primary contact)
Researcher
University of Luxembourg