[CogSci] Call for Contribution: Digital Footprints Conference (University of Bristol, UK)

Neo Poon neo.poon at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 09:13:44 PST 2023

Dear all,

We are pleased to invite you to the 1st Digital Footprints Conference at the University of Bristol (UK) on the 11th of May 2023. The theme of this one-day in-person conference is Linking Digital Data for Health, and we welcome submissions from behavioural scientists and decision researchers.

This event will showcase multidisciplinary research on digital footprints and bring together a multi sector audience – academics, policy-makers, government representatives, industry – to share insights and frameworks for working with digital footprints data. The speakers and panellists include Emma Gordon (Director for Administrative Data Research UK, ADR UK), Deborah Kroll (Head of Strategy and Partnership, Digital Footprints, ESRC), Claire Steves (King's College London, Clinical Director of TwinsUK and co-designer of the ZOE App), Tom Smith (Director Spatial Data Unit, Chief Data Officer, Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities) and others.

The conference will start at 10am (arrive 9:30 for refreshments) and conclude at 5pm, with drinks and networking to follow. It will take place in the beautiful city of Bristol. Please submit your work, register to attend and spread the word about the event to anybody interested in digital footprints, whether from academia, industry or policy-maker community. The conference is subject to a £40 fee to cover lunch and admin expenses. If you'd like to present your work, the deadline for abstracts submission is 24th of March.

You can find out more about the conference and how to register here (https://digifootprints.co.uk/digital-footprints-2023/).

The conference is organised by Turing Special Interest Group (SIG) on Novel Data Linkages for Health and Wellbeing. We are keen to grow our community - if you or any colleagues are willing to join the SIG, follow the link here (https://www.turing.ac.uk/research/interest-groups/novel-data-linkages-health-and-wellbeing).

Anya Skatova (Turing Fellow) & Neo Poon (Senior Research Associate), on behalf of conference organisers