[CogSci] Call for posters at CogSci 2023 Workshop on Video games as a path to a contextualized cognitive science

George Kachergis george.kachergis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:00:37 PDT 2023

Dear CogSci community,

On the 50th anniversary of Newell’s (1973) address “You can’t play 20
questions with nature and win”, this full-day workshop
<https://www.games4understanding.com/> explores how video games may serve
as the complex behavioral paradigm Newell sought, which could serve as a
path toward a unified theory of cognition. Our workshop at CogSci 2023 in
Sydney will have speakers bridging academia and the games industry,
discussing how to identify and measure cognitive skills in games. We
welcome all interested participants, and if you're already studying games
and would like to present a poster or lightning talk*, please submit a
title and brief abstract <https://forms.gle/HmtkhoK2Pk6MeDP56>.** Please
contact Joe Austerweil or I if you have any questions. Hope to see you
this July in Sydney!

Best,

George Kachergis
https://www.kachergis.com/

*The poster session will be after lunch. If most presenters prefer
lightning talks, we will do those instead.

**https://forms.gle/1bizVqZvhtNkoQys6