[CogSci] Fwd: Full-time project manager position at Linda Smith Lab - Indiana University

Smith, Linda B. smith4 at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 18 12:38:19 PDT 2023

The Cognitive Development Laboratory, Cognitive Development Lab<https://cogdev.lab.indiana.edu/>, at Indiana University is looking for a post-bac project manager, full time, with full benefits. Prior individuals in this position have used the experience as a steppingstone to entrance into graduate school and good industry jobs.

Our research focuses on understanding how infants and toddlers break into language and the role of infants’ own behaviors in creating and shaping the data for learning.  A major focus of our work is measuring and quantifying these experiences at the scale of everyday life.   We collect daylong data in the home and in the lab using head cameras, eye-trackers, and motion sensors.  We also have a large dataset of head camera data collected in the US and in India by infants from 1 month to 2 years of age.    More can be found out about our currently funded projects  here: https://cogdev.lab.indiana.edu/research/projects.html.  We collaborate with researchers in machine learning and AI –both for data analysis and as inspiration for more smarter more human-like artificial intelligence.

 Multiple teams annotate and analyze the streams of audio and video analyses —from behavioral coding by undergraduates in the lab, to crowd source coding, to algorithmic coding on the super-computers.  The main responsibility of the position consists of coordinating these teams— helping to organizing and keep moving and trouble shoot the workflow.  The project coordinator  will also interact with children and families coming to the lab and assist in data collection and contribute to discussions of theory,  hypotheses, ideas, analytic designs, and next steps.
 We are seeking someone who is also organized, detail-oriented,  comfortable multitasking, excellent working with a team, with strong communication skills and willing and eager to master new skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
o   Experience in a developmental, cognitive, vision, or language research laboratory.
o  Competence in basic computer skills (e.g., managing computer files, MS word processing, using spreadsheets and databases; creating presentations).
o   Experience with (or willingness to learn) MATLAB and/or R.
o   Experience with (or willingness to learn) coding platforms such as Datavyu and Elan.
The job posting by IU HR is here:

 https://hrms.iu.edu/psp/PH1PRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRPM.HRS_JOB_OPENING.GBL?Action=U&HRS_JOB_OPENING_ID=307184

Apply here.
https://hrms.indiana.edu/psp/PH1PRD_PUB/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=307184&PostingSeq=1

In the ideal, we would like a two-year commitment.

If questions, please reply to me. (Not to the list)

Linda

Linda Smith
Chancellor's Professor
Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
1101 East 10th Street
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405
cogdev.lab.indiana.edu<http://cogdev.lab.indiana.edu/>