[CogSci] CogSci 2023: Cognitive-AI Benchmarking Workshop [Virtual Seminar]

Robert Hawkins rdhawkins at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:02:29 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We're excited to announce a virtual Zoom seminar July 19th, noon-1pm ET, prior to the in-person component of the Cognitive-AI Benchmarking workshop<https://cognitiveaibenchmarking.org/> to be held in Sydney. We have a wonderful lineup of speakers who exemplify the 'Cognitive-AI Benchmarking' (CAB) approach, carefully comparing human and model behavior on the same benchmarks. This virtual session features work focusing on the domains of language and social cognition:

noon-12:15pm ET: Tal Linzen<https://tallinzen.net/>, New York University and Google
12:15-12:30pm ET: Tianmin Shu<https://www.tshu.io/>, MIT and Johns Hopkins University
12:30-12:45pm ET: Jenn Hu<https://jennhu.github.io/>, Harvard University
12:45-1:00pm ET: Panel Discussion

Please register here<https://forms.gle/mHxV3f8Xp3nhuDQ3A> to receive the Zoom link & further updates -- we look forward to seeing you!

Best,
Robert Hawkins

[on behalf of the workshop organizers: Felix Binder, Logan Cross, Yoni Friedman, Dan Yamins, and Judy Fan]