[CogSci] Erdős Institute Survey for Cognitive & Social Sciences PhDs

Lindsay Warrenburg lindsay.a.warrenburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:13:37 PST 2023

To our fellow scholars,

We are writing to you from the Erdős Institute, a multi-university
collaboration focused on helping PhDs get jobs they love at every stage of
their career. Founded in 2017, we have helped to train and place a diverse
pool of over 1000 graduate students, postdocs, and graduate alumni from
more than 100 universities worldwide.

The Erdős Institute offers fully remote career exploration and development
programs, and we are currently looking to expand our programming to better
serve PhDs in the cognitive and social sciences. For example, this April we
will offer a new "Mixed Methods Research in Business Intelligence"
<https://www.erdosinstitute.org/programs/spring-2023/mixed-methods-research-in-business-intelligence>course,
designed to prepare academics for careers in Market Research, UX (User
Experience) Research and Design, and Consumer Insights. To learn more:
https://www.erdosinstitute.org/programs/spring-2023/mixed-methods-research-in-business-intelligence
.

We are looking to gauge interest in careers outside of academia for PhDs in
all fields so that we can tailor our programming to best fit the needs of
future participants.

We would very much appreciate it if you could complete this brief survey
<https://forms.gle/zjxBUZcdaNVxYNVg9>, regardless of your academic status:
https://forms.gle/zjxBUZcdaNVxYNVg9.

Please feel free to circulate this survey throughout your department and to
any graduate students and PhDs you know in the cognitive and social
sciences.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at
amalya at erdosinstitute.org and lindsay at erdosinstitute.org.

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best,
Lindsay Warrenburg (PhD, Music Cognition & Perception)
Amalya Lehmann (PhD, Musicology)
—
*Lindsay Warrenburg, PhD*
Music Theory, Cognition, and Perception