[CogSci] Faculty Position @ UC San Diego - Assistant Professor of Experimental Psychology with Real-World Focus

Caren Walker carenwalker at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 8 15:32:59 PST 2023

Dear colleagues,

The Psychology Department @ University of California, San Diego is hiring!
We are seeking applicants for our new tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in Experimental Psychology with Real-World Focus. *Our first
review date closes today (Feb 8), so we encourage you to apply now if you
have not yet done so. *However, applications will continue to be accepted
until the end of May. Please circulate widely!

The Department of Psychology (psychology.ucsd.edu) at UC San Diego invites
applications for an open-area, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
Experimental Psychology, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2023.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. or be ABD, and must possess a record of
published research in psychology or a closely related field. We seek a
candidate doing theoretically rich and experimentally rigorous research
grounded in real-world application and conducted at least partially outside
the laboratory.

Non-exhaustive examples of a suitable research focus include social and
racial justice, climate, social media, understanding and countering
misinformation, well-being and mental health, applied developmental
psychology, industrial psychology, education, applied psychometrics, and
causal inference in field experimentation. Preference will be given to
individuals with strong quantitative skills. Successful candidates are
required to teach graduate and undergraduate students within the Department
of Psychology. Demonstrated teaching excellence and ability to teach
graduate level research methods are preferred.

Apply via UCSD RECRUIT: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03496

Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on UC pay scales. UCSD
is committed to
academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student
body.

--
Caren M. Walker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor