[CogSci] Request to post a Workshop Opportunity

Azba Shaikh azba.shaikh at neuromatch.io
Tue Apr 18 21:54:03 PDT 2023

Hello team,
I am a communication ambassador from Neuromatch Academy and have been part
of your mailing list since many years. I am sharing a great opportunity for
all our subscribers and hope you could forward it.

Thank you
Azba Shaikh

Subject: Applications for Neuromatch Academy courses 2023 are now open!

Dear colleagues,

After teaching computational neuroscience and deep learning to thousands of
students and creating a wonderful supportive community in the last three
years, Neuromatch Academy is back with the usual two courses plus a brand
new course from our sister organization, Climatematch Academy (CMA). All in
parallel, online, July 10th - July 28th, 2023.

NMA - Computational Neuroscience

Flagship course covering contemporary computational neuroscience modeling
and analysis techniques.

Content: https://compneuro.neuromatch.io
<https://compneuro.neuromatch.io/tutorials/intro.html>

NMA - Deep Learning: In-depth advanced materials, ideal for graduate
students and postdocs wishing to add computational techniques to their
neuroscience research, or for individuals looking to dive into the Deep
Learning world.

Content: https://deeplearning.neuromatch.io
<https://deeplearning.neuromatch.io/tutorials/intro.html>

CMA - Computational Tools for Climate Science (17-28th July)

The newest course, a wide-reaching, inclusive and approachable program
aimed to introduce computational methods for climate science. Check out the
CMA website <https://academy.climatematch.io>.

Access the Application Portal via https://academy.neuromatch.io/ and apply
before the deadline (April 24th)!

What is Neuromatch Academy?

Neuromatch Academy (NMA) teaches computational techniques crucial for
success in academia and industry. It serves thousands of students each year
with hundreds of teaching assistants (TA). Students learn by solving
problems in small groups and by running group projects; they learn in many
languages in an incredibly supportive environment.

What’s in a course?

Our courses are intensive 3-week programs involving hands-on tutorials
developed by experts in the field. Accepted students are placed into TA-led
pods (groups) using the Neuromatch algorithm, which matches students with
common interests who are in the same timezone and their preferred language
for instruction. Students also receive personalized support as they work
through hands-on tutorials and collaborate on course projects. [Please note
that course participation requires active attendance and attention of the
students for 3 weeks.]

Why should you apply to NMA?

This program provides a dynamic learning experience that fuses neuroscience
and computational techniques. Collaborate with a global community of
experts and peers, hone your problem-solving skills, and build a supportive
network that celebrates inclusivity and accessibility in science education.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to advance your knowledge and
skills.

Apply to unlock your potential and propel your career forward!

What does it cost?

Neuromatch Academy’s mission is to make education affordable to everybody,
no matter their financial background. We do this by pricing our courses
significantly lower than other summer schools, adjusting for national
economic factors, and allowing students to pay what they can when those
adjustments are insufficient.

Please see the website (https://academy.neuromatch.io/) for additional
information, and volunteer opportunities!

Warm Regards,

Neuromatch Academy team