[CogSci] Exciting Postdoc Opportunity – NLP of Intellectual Humility & Polarization

Igor Grossmann igrossma at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 21 19:25:23 PDT 2023

Dear list members,
I hope this email finds you well! I wanted to reach out and let you know about an exciting postdoctoral position we have available at the University of Waterloo in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania. I thought you might know some students or postdocs in your network who would be a great fit for this unique opportunity.
The position involves working on a joint project with me (Wisdom and Culture lab) and Phil Tetlock, focusing on (natural language of) intellectual humility and polarization. The ideal candidate would have a background in cognitive, social and personality psychology (or a related discipline), strong statistical skills, and has advanced knowledge of natural language processing and psychometrics, as well as an interest in fostering intellectual humility and judgmental accuracy.
As part of the project, the successful candidate will work on a longitudinal forecasting tournament to test how intellectual humility and belief polarization change over time. They will also have the opportunity to develop new methods based on natural language processing techniques and behavioral indicators.
Perks of the position include:

  *   Competitive salary and benefits
  *   The possibility of remote work
  *   Opportunities to mentor graduate and undergraduate students
  *   Participation in lab meetings and seminars
  *   Networking with leading scholars in the field

If you know anyone who might be interested in this opportunity, please encourage them to apply by May 10st, 2023. They can submit their application by sending a CV, cover letter, two representative publications/preprints, and contact information for three references to me at igrossma at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:igrossma at uwaterloo.ca> with "IH Post-doc application" as the subject line.
I link the full job advertisement for your reference. https://uwaterloo.ca/wisdom-and-culture-lab/career-opportunities Any help you can provide in spreading the word about this postdoc position would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your support, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Igor
Igor Grossmann, Ph.D.
IgorGrossmann.com<https://igorgrossmann.com/>