[CogSci] Assistant Professor in Psychological Science at RPI

Sims, Christopher Robert simsc3 at rpi.edu
Mon Oct 31 11:54:37 PDT 2022

The Department of Cognitive Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level beginning Fall 2023. We seek applicants who are developing or using innovative techniques from statistics or machine learning to analyze, model, and interpret behavioral data, neural data, and/or naturally occurring datasets.

We seek applicants whose research and teaching will contribute to our recently expanded, quantitatively oriented undergraduate program in psychological science, and further strengthen the department’s established undergraduate and graduate programs in cognitive science. The successful candidate is expected to develop an independent, externally supported research program and teach courses in behavioral data science, Bayesian data analysis, and research methods and statistics.

For complete job details and application instructions, please see: https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/493580/assistant-professor-in-psychological-science

Applications received by November 15, 2022 will receive first consideration.

The Cognitive Science Department offers B.S. undergraduate programs in Psychological Science, Cognitive Science, and Philosophy, and M.S. and Ph.D. graduate programs in Cognitive Science. Founded in 1824, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is the nation’s oldest technological university. With approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 2,500 graduate students from across the country and around the world, the university offers more than 145 programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. Rensselaer is located in Troy, NY, the heart of the “Tech Valley” region of the Hudson River Valley. The university’s Curtis R. Priem Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC) offers scholars and students opportunities for creative interdisciplinary research in the arts, performance technologies, science, and engineering.

Chris R. Sims
Assistant Professor
Department of Cognitive Science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute