[CogSci] CogSci22 Scandinavia meet-up (registration deadline approaching)

Johanne Sofie Krog Nedergård nedergaard at cc.au.dk
Tue Jun 28 23:39:02 PDT 2022

[deadline Friday 1 July]

Dear fellow cogsci’ers and cogsci-aligned,

We would like to invite you to join us at the Northern Europe meet-up for The 44th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society (colloquially known as CogSci22). CogSci22 has committed to a fully hybrid format, the face-to-face version being carried out in Toronto, Canada (https://cognitivesciencesociety.org/cogsci-2022/<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcognitivesciencesociety.org%2Fcogsci-2022%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0rhmV84Vh3Vrs3s9mDJf6ZapzF7PDKrHlxJ9dVK_YSBXESLKrE4ZBNj1w&h=AT0LvTDcCQWVqyXY_oMyHbRdFSG1LlwXig4idWng_B62XVa_4pOMryDi1r4nTf4m1jc7LOw4En0SS27J0e7ZDdznfOUrk1mLAPhuEVJkzUZbLYKEPAgKIIjMOLlcdeTn30FVFUfH>). The conference and our satellite will take place simultaneously 27-30 July 2022. Please share the information in this email with whoever you think might be interested.

CogSci22 is one of the biggest and most comprehensive cognitive science conferences in the world. The conference is relevant for researchers and students in all areas of cognitive science, including artificial intelligence, linguistics, anthropology, psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, and education.

The purpose of this satellite conference is to provide a semi-local meeting point here in Aarhus and use this space to stream and discuss the talks in person. By attending this satellite conference, attendees will be able to build fruitful networks face-to-face, reduce costs both for the individual and the environment and enjoy more informal aspects of the conference experience. We intend to facilitate poster presentations among the local attendees (regardless of whether you have submitted anything to CogSci already). Submit your poster to cogsciscandinavia at gmail.com<mailto:cogsciscandinavia at gmail.com> before 10 July.

The practicalities:
- Registration is free and you have to take care of your own travel and accommodation. We have secured enough fundsto subsidise food and drink during all four days but you will have to contribute 150 DKK per person.
- Because of the time difference, the program during the satellite conference will take place from 14:30 to ~23:00.
- You don’t have to sign up for the “real” conference to attend the satellite unless you are presenting at the central conference in which case you should sign up like any other conference attendee.
- All attendees at the satellite will be invited for a free group visit to ARoS Aarhus Art Museum.

Register here before 1 July: https://events.au.dk/cogsci22northerneurope

Best,
Line Kruse, Chris Cox, and Johanne Nedergaard (main organisers)
Aarhus University