[CogSci] 3-year postdoc in auditory perception, Bielefeld, Germany

Kayser, Christoph christoph.kayser at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jun 17 01:39:00 PDT 2022

The Department for Cognitive Neuroscience at Bielefeld University is advertising a 3-Year PostDoc position in auditory perception and cognition.
The fulltime position is offered in the context of a third-party (DFG) funded project seeking to understand the potentially rhythmic patterns underlying auditory perception using a combination of psychoacoustics, eye tracking and statistical modelling. The ideal candidate should have expertise with psychophysics and the auditory system and advanced statistical data analysis. Experience with eye tracking would be a plus.  A PhD in a relevant discipline is required. The position involves all aspects of study design, implementation, data collection, data analysis and the write up of results.  The starting date should be in fall, but is flexible.
The official advert can be found here:
https://uni-bielefeld.hr4you.org/job/view/1540/research-position-postdoc?page_lang=en
Our research is dedicated to understanding the integration of sensory information in the brain. Our studies use state of the art EEG imaging, combined with eyetracking, psychophysical paradigms, and substantive quantitative data analysis to better understand when and how the brain transforms sensory information into a conscious percept. Further details about our research can be found here http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/biologie/cns/
Interested candidates please contact Christoph Kayser (christoph.kayser at uni-bielefeld.de) for more details.  Deadline is 27.7.2022.

Prof. Dr. Christoph Kayser
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, Faculty of Biology
UHG W3-240, Bielefeld University, Germany
P.O. Box 100131
Tel. +49 (521) 106-5700