[CogSci] Postdoctoral research positions in the Neurobiology of Language department, Max Planck Institute, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Grevel, Ina Ina.Grevel at mpi.nl
Thu Jan 27 05:38:43 PST 2022

We are offering five postdoctoral positions in the Neurobiology of Language department at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Research in the Neurobiology of Language department is done in a very inspiring research environment, without teaching obligations. Furthermore, considerable technical support is available, as well as access to state of the art research and neuroimaging facilities including MRI at 1.5, 3 and 7 Tesla, a whole-head MEG system, five ERP labs, a TMS lab, a Virtual Reality Lab, and multiple behavioural labs.

Requirements
·         A PhD qualification in a relevant field (cognitive science, neuroscience, linguistics, etcetera).
·         The focus of your research should fit into the overall research portfolio of the department, as described on our website https://www.mpi.nl/department/neurobiology-language/4
·         A connection to the Memory, Unification and Control (MUC) framework would be appreciated.
·         A theoretical interest and technical/experimental skills are required.

Conditions of employment
·         Full-time position (39 hours per week) with a term of appointment until the beginning of 2024.
·         The salary is according to the German TVöD (Starting salary: €54,269 - €63,652 p.a.).
·         Positions will be immediately available.

Employer
The MPI for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen is the only research institute in the world entirely devoted to the study of language. Our goal is to understand how our minds and brains process language, how language interacts with other aspects of mind, and how we can learn languages of quite different types.  We are situated on the campus of the Radboud University, and have close collaborative links with the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour and the Centre for Language Studies at Radboud University. We are part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities. The Institute is part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities.  The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunities employer. We recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation (https://www.mpi.nl/page/equal-opportunities The Institute is located in the Netherlands. Scientists in the Netherlands report among the highest job satisfaction ratings of any in the world.

For further details please see our website: http://www.mpi.nl

Application procedure
For information about the position, please contact Peter Hagoort (Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl<mailto:Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl>).

Applications should include:
1.            a CV;
2.            a list of publications;
3.            the names of two referees who would be willing to write letters of recommendation;
4.            examples of published work;
5.            a cover letter describing research interests;
For information about the position, please contact Peter Hagoort (Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl<mailto:Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl>).
For general enquiries, please contact Ina Grevel (Ina.Grevel at mpi.nl<mailto:Ina.Grevel at mpi.nl>)
Please submit your application directly via this link to our recruitment portal<https://recruitingapp-5569.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/330/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng>

Deadline for applications: February 20, 2022

Ina Grevel-Kadin
PA to Prof. Dr. Peter Hagoort
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Wundtlaan 1, 6525 XD Nijmegen
P.O. Box 310. NL-6500 AH Nijmegen
Website:www.mpi.nl

Phone:. ++31(0)24-3521318
Available: Monday-Wednesday-Friday 09:00 – 17:30