[CogSci] Lab manager position (Social Learning Lab@ Stanford)

Hyowon Gweon hyo at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 26 13:40:19 PST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are recruiting a full-time lab manager to start this summer. Please feel
free to share the information below with your students or anyone who might
be interested. Apologies for cross-posting, and thank you in advance for
sharing widely!

All the best,

Hyo

Lab Manager - Social Learning Lab @ Stanford University
The Social Learning Lab <http://sll.stanford.edu/> (PI: Hyo Gweon) in the
Department of Psychology at Stanford University welcomes enthusiastic,
motivated individuals to apply for a lab manager position to start in
summer 2022. This person will work closely with other lab members to assist
in all aspects of running the lab and conducting research. Expected start
date is mid June 2022 but there's some flexibility.

The goal of our research is to understand the cognitive underpinnings of
our ability to learn from others and help others learn.  We employ a
variety of methods, including behavioral studies with young children (age 1
- 8), in-lab and online studies with adults, neuroimaging (fMRI), and
computational modeling. We are looking for someone who would feel
comfortable being involved in all aspects of research (especially
behavioral studies with young children) and take care of general lab
business.

*Job Description*:  Examples of lab business include (but are not limited
to):  data collection/analysis, managing databases, training & coordinating
undergraduate RAs, stimuli construction, maintaining computer
software/hardware, and coordinating outreach activities, and organizing lab
events. The lab has off-campus research sites in public museums, and the
job will involve regular visits to these sites. Opportunities to develop
independent research projects will also be available.

*Requirements*: A BA or BS degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science,
Computer Science, or in related fields would be helpful but not required.
We will consider research experience, quantitative background (statistics,
data analysis), and technical skills (e.g., R, Python, Javascript),
organizational skills, and communicative abilities in the selection
process. (Note: The applicant should be eligible to work in the US as a
full-time employee).

This position will be posted as a one-year position. However we expect the
position to be held for at least two years; renewal will be contingent upon
performance.

*How to apply*: Please refer to Join
<http://sll.stanford.edu/contact_joining.html> Our Lab page
<http://sll.stanford.edu/contact_joining.html> on our website (
http://sll.stanford.edu) for more information. Note that we ask all
applicants to submit their answers to a list of questions as part of the
application, along with their CV.  To ensure full consideration, please
apply by February 13 (Sun), 2022. Send all inquiries to:
sll.stanford at gmail.com.

Hyowon (Hyo) Gweon, PhD   **she/her*
Associate Professor, Dept of Psychology
Director of Graduate Studies, Dept of Psychology & Symbolic Systems
Stanford University
(650) 498-1194 | https://sll.stanford.edu