[CogSci] FindingFive - non-profit platform for creating and running online experiments (promotional codes included)

Ting Qian tqian86 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 07:06:28 PST 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Please allow us to reintroduce FindingFive—a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization developing and maintaining the online behavioral research
platform: https://www.findingfive.com and https://eu.findingfive.com (for
EU researchers). Born from our own experiences (and frustrations) with
running online studies, FindingFive is designed to enable researchers to
rapidly create browser-based experiments that work across *desktop and
mobile devices*, and then either recruit participants directly or refer
students from their institutional pools to complete the study.

Since our founding in 2018, our platform has grown significantly in terms
of its capabilities and technical robustness, thanks to the financial and
intellectual support of our community (we are especially grateful for
researchers from UC Irvine, U of Florida, Vanderbilt University, UCSD,
Aix-Marseille University, Mount Holyoke College, among others). Our
platform is particularly good at collecting audio recordings, mouse
movements, and 2AFC data. As it is built for behavioral research
specifically, experimental designs involving complex randomization,
counterbalancing, and conditional branching can be achieved easily with our
study grammar as well.

We are inviting you to give our platform a try if you have needs for
running participants online. We are happy to offer two promotional codes:

   - *FF-US-H667B2W3* for the US server (www.findingfive.com)
   - *FF-EU-JU4GY3L7* for the EU server (eu.findingfive.com)

These codes can be redeemed for *a complimentary one-month Pro subscription*,
allowing you to collect data from 100 participants within 30 days at no
cost. *Creating and designing experiments on FindingFive is 100% free, so
please take advantage of that and only activate the Pro subscription only
once your experiments are ready to go.* You can also check out the pricing
details on our respective US and EU sites (spoiler alert: FindingFive is
significantly more affordable than for-profit alternatives as we do not
have shareholders to answer to).

Since 2021, we have maintained a stable team of volunteers who stand ready
to help researchers implement their experiments (in English, Chinese, and
French), regularly add new features, and apply bug fixes as quickly as we
can. We are viewing FindingFive as our* long-term side project* that
hopefully will continue on for decades into the future. If you have any
questions, please feel free to reach out to our Research Workflow
volunteers at researcher.help at findingfive.com. Most of us have PhDs in
psychology, linguistics, and other behavioral sciences, so please ask
questions as nerdy as they need to be. :)

Sincerely,
Ting Qian, Rachel Connor, Noah Nelson, and Morgane Peirolo on behalf of all
volunteers at FindingFive