[CogSci] 2022 Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN) Conference - Main Round Deadline Extension Until February 15
D.Economou1 at westminster.ac.uk
Sat Feb 5 06:45:49 PST 2022
EXTENSION UNTIL February 15: CALL FOR PAPERS AND PROPOSALS
iLRN 2022: 8th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network, technically co-sponsored by IEEE Advancing Technology for Humanity
May 30-31, 2022 iLRN Virtual Campus via Virbela
June 01-04, 2022 Vienna, Austria, Fachhochschule des BFI Wien
Conference theme: “DISRUPTION, INNOVATION & RESILIENCY: becoming an inclusive & creative robust global community for immersive learning”
Conference website: https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2022/
The 8th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN 2022) will be an innovative and interactive HYBRID gathering for a flourishing global network of researchers and practitioners collaborating to develop the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning. It is the premier scholarly event focusing on advances in the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other extended reality (XR) technologies to support learners across the full span of learning—from K-12 through higher education to work-based, informal, and lifelong learning contexts.
Following two years of innovative fully online and in-VR conferences, this year’s conference will, for the first time, offer a hybrid experience with two days of presentations and activities on the iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA, followed by three days on location in Vienna, Austria. Scholars and professionals working from informal and formal education settings as well as those representing diverse industry sectors are invited to participate in the conference, where they may share their research findings, experiences, and insights; network and establish partnerships to envision and shape the future of XR and immersive technologies for learning; and contribute to the emerging scholarly knowledge base on how these technologies can be used to create experiences that educate, engage, and excite learners.
##### TOPIC AREAS #####
XR and immersive learning in/for:
Educational Technology • Pedagogy • Computer Science • Serious Games • 3D Collaboration • Digital Twins • Embodied Pedagogical Agents • Medical & Healthcare Education • Workforce & Industry • Cultural Heritage • Language Learning • K-12 STEM • Museums & Libraries • Informal Learning • Community & Civic Engagement • Special Education • Geosciences • Data Visualization and Analytics • Assessment & Evaluation
##### SUBMISSION STREAMS & CATEGORIES #####
(Refereed papers published in IEEE Xplore digital library)
* Full (6–8 pages) paper for oral presentation
* Short paper (4–5 pages) for oral presentation
* Work-in-progress paper (2–3 pages) for poster presentation
* Doctoral colloquium paper (2–3 pages) for oral presentation in the doctoral colloquium
* Workshop proposal, Special session proposal, Panel session proposal (2-3 page extended abstract describing session published in proceedings)
(Papers will appear in Proceedings published by iLRN)
* Oral presentation
* Poster presentation
* Guided virtual adventures
* Immersive learning project showcase
* Training Sessions
* Product Demonstration
##### SESSION TYPES & SESSION FORMATS #####
* Oral Presentation: Pre-recorded video + 60-minute live in-world discussion with others presenting on similar/related topics (groupings of presenters into sessions determined by Program Committee)
* Poster Presentation: Live poster session in 3D virtual exhibition hall; pre-recorded video optional
* Doctoral Colloquium: 60-minute live in-world discussion with other doctoral researchers; pre-recorded video optional
* Guided Virtual Adventures: 60-minute small-group guided tours of to various social and collaborative XR/immersive environments and platforms
* Immersive Learning Project Showcase: WebXR space to assemble a collection of virtual artifacts, accessible to attendees throughout the conference
* Workshop: 1- or 2-hour live hands-on session
* Special Session: 30- or 60-minute live interactive session held in world; may optionally be linked to one or more papers
* Panel Session: 60-minute live in-world discussion with a self-formed group of 3-5 panelists (including a lead panelist who serves as a moderator)
Please see the conference website for templates and guidelines.
##### PROGRAM TRACKS #####
Papers and proposals may be submitted to one of 10 program tracks, the first nine of which correspond to the iLRN Houses of application, and the tenth of which is intended for papers making knowledge contributions to the learning sciences, computer science, and/or game studies that are not linked to any particular application area.
Academic communities wishing to cater for other topics are welcome to propose a special track by emailing the Program Chairs at ilrn2022.generalchairs at immersivelrn.org no later than Oct 31st, 2021, with a short description, rationale for immersive learning, and its program committee.
Track 1. Assessment and Evaluation (A&E)
Track 2. Early Childhood Development & Learning (ECDL)
Track 3. Galleries, Libraries, Archives, & Museums (GLAM)
Track 4. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, & Social Justice (IDEAS)
Track 5. K-12 STEM Education
Track 6. Language, Culture, & Heritage (LCH)
Track 7. Medical & Healthcare Education (MHE)
Track 8. Nature & Environmental Sciences (NES)
Track 9. Workforce Development & Industry Training (WDIT)
Track 10. Basic Research and Theory in Immersive Learning (not linked to any particular application area)
##### PAPER/PROPOSAL SUBMISSION & REVIEW #####
Papers for the Academic Stream and extended-abstract proposals for the Nontraditional Session Stream must be prepared in standard IEEE double-column US Letter format using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, and will be accepted only via the online submission system, accessible via the conference website (from which guidelines and templates are also available).
Proposals for the Practitioner Stream are to be submitted via an online form, also accessible from the conference website.
A blind peer-review process will be used to evaluate all submissions.
##### IMPORTANT DATES #####
* Main round submission deadline – all submission types welcome 2022-02-15
* Late round submission deadline – Work-in-progress papers, Doctoral colloquium, posters, Workshop proposal, Special session proposal, Panel session proposal and practitioner contributions only 2022-03-15
* Notification of review outcomes from main submission round 2022-03-01
* Camera-ready papers for proceedings due – Full and short papers 2022-04-16
* Presenter registration deadline – Full and short papers 2022-04-16
* (Also deadline for early-bird registration rates)
* Notification of review outcomes from late submission round 2022-04-11
* Camera-ready work-in-progress papers and nontraditional session extended abstracts for proceedings due; final practitioner abstracts for conference program due 2022-04-30
* Presenter registration deadline – Work-in-progress papers, Doctoral colloquium, posters, Workshop proposal, Special session proposal, Panel session proposal 2022-04-30
* (Also deadline for regular registration rates)
* Deadline for uploading presentation materials (videos, slides for oral presentations, posters for poster presentations) 2022-05-10
* Conference dates 2022-05-30 and 2022-05-31 online iLRN Virtual Campus and 2022-06-01 to 2022-06-04 Vienna, Austria
*Full and short papers can only be submitted in the main round.
##### PUBLICATION & INDEXING #####
All accepted and registered papers in the Academic Stream that are presented at iLRN 2022 and all extended abstracts presented at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore® digital library. Content loaded into Xplore is made available by IEEE to its abstracting and indexing partners, including Elsevier (Scopus, EiCompendex), Clarivate Analytics (CPCl-part of Web of Science) and others, for potential inclusion in their respective databases. In addition, authors of selected papers may be invited to submit expanded versions of their papers for consideration by a number of Scopus and Web of Science-indexed journals. Accepted papers in the Practitioner Stream will be published by iLRN.
In addition, authors of selected papers will be invited to submit expanded versions of their papers to the Immersive Education special issue at the Education and Information Technologies Journal published by Springer (Impact factor – 2.917 (2020), five-year impact factor – 2.953 (2020)) and at the Health Informatics Journal (Impact factor – 2.681).
##### CONTACT #####
Inquiries regarding the iLRN2022 conference should be directed to the Conference Secretariat at conference at immersivelrn.org.
General inquiries about iLRN may be sent to info at immersivelrn.org.
Download a full color poster CfP for the conference website https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2022/
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW.
This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announcements