[CogSci] Final program and registration reminder for BCCCD23

Eszter Körtvélyesi and Rachel Dudley | BCCCD 2023 Chairs bcccd at outlook.com
Tue Dec 20 10:02:28 PST 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are less than three weeks from the start of the 13th Annual Budapest CEU Conference on Cognitive Development (BCCCD23), and we are looking forward to welcoming hundreds of you back to Budapest for the first time since 2020!

There is still time to register<https://bcccd.org/fees.htm> and join us in Budapest for our rich scientific and social programs. We also have reduced registration fees available for online-only access to the conference.

BCCCD23 will occur in two parts:

  *   An in-person conference to take place at the Budapest campus of CEU from January 5-7, 2023, including our invited speakers, along with a packed program of submitted papers, posters and symposia. We will also have pre-conference events, including two workshops and a tutorial, and a full pre-pandemic social program including our gala dinner and rooftop reception with mulled wine.

INVITED SPEAKERS:

H. Clark Barrett<http://www.hclarkbarrett.com/> (University of California, Los Angeles) - Mind-mindedness and cognitive diversity in moral judgment

Anne Christophe<https://lscp.dec.ens.fr/fr/member/623/anne-christophe> (CNRS & Ecole normale supérieure - PSL, Paris) - How do infants acquire words and their meanings?

Kang Lee<https://www.kangleelab.com/> (University of Toronto) - How children learn to tell lies?

SYMPOSIA

Infant and Machine Intelligence in Interdisciplinary Dialogue - organized by Moira Dillon (New York University) and Rhodri Cusack (Trinity College Dublin)

Learning how to explore: The development mechanisms of information seeking - organized by Francesco Poli and Tommaso Ghilardi (Donders Institute)

The development of epistemic and interpersonal trust: the case of dominance - organized by Thomas Ganzetti (University of Neuchâtel) and Thomas Castelain (University of Girona)

PRE-CONFERENCE EVENTS

Elements of cognitive pupillometry<https://bcccd.org/workshop.htm#tab1> - tutorial organized by Giula Calignano (University of Padova)

Truth, lies and misinformation during cognitive development<https://bcccd.org/workshop.htm#tab2> - workshop organized by Celeste Kidd (University of California, Berkeley)

Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Developmental Cognitive Science<https://bcccd.org/workshop.htm#tab3> - workshop organized by Frankie Fong (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)

  *   An online conference to take place over Slack with asynchronous access from January 1-31 and scheduled synchronous sessions between January 12-14 (UTC). All of the presentations from invited speakers, papers, posters and symposia at the Budapest conference will be livestreamed and made available on the online platform, along with some online-only presentations!

LIVE-STREAMING

All plenary presentations from the Budapest conference will be live-streamed to online participants, including our three invited lectures, three symposia sessions and seven paper sessions. Note that pre-conference events may not be live-streamed.

ASYNCHRONOUS ACCESS

Presentation materials such as recorded talks, poster pdfs, slides, preprints and stimuli samples will be available all month. Slack channels will be open to allow for discussion between participants and presenters.

SYNCHRONOUS SESSIONS

A select number of presenters are offering attended discussion sessions between January 12-14 (depending on timezone) so other participants can stop by to engage with them.

For more information, please visit https://bcccd.org/.

Eszter Körtvélyesi and Rachel Dudley

BCCCD23 Chairs on behalf of the Program Committee

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @CogDevCeu<https://twitter.com/cogdevceu?lang=en>