[CogSci] Critically Reflecting on Intelligent Systems in Society: Postdoctoral Opportunities at the University of Stuttgart

Wirzberger, Maria maria.wirzberger at ife.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Apr 26 12:28:09 PDT 2022

Dear valued colleagues,

How can we avoid unfair discrimination or stereotyping through the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in automated decision-making in technology development?

How can we make sure that the decisions made by artificial intelligence are comprehensible and fair?

How can we promote reflection on effects of intelligent systems in society?

If questions like these intrigue you, if you want to get involved with innovative research, and if you want to become part of a unique community at the University of Stuttgart, then I have exciting opportunities for you!

In the project “Reflecting Intelligent Systems for Diversity, Demography, and Democracy” (IRIS3D), we offer three positions for independent research group leaders: https://cyber-valley.de/en/jobs/3-independent-research-group-leaders-f-m-d-for-reflecting-intelligent-systems-for-diversity-demography-and-democracy-tv-l-e14-100

In the Cluster of Excellence “Data-Integrated Simulation Science” (EXC 2075), we offer a 2-year postdoc position related to critically reflecting on the broader impact of simulation science: https://cyber-valley.de/en/jobs/postdoc-f-m-d-tv-l-13-full-time-2-years

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of these positions.

Please also forward the information to potentially interested candidates.

Best regards,
Maria Wirzberger

---

Jun.-Prof. Dr. Maria Wirzberger
Tenure-track faculty for teaching and learning with intelligent systems
Department director

Spokesperson of the “Interchange Forum for Reflecting on Intelligent Systems”<https://www.iris.uni-stuttgart.de/> (IRIS)
Co-director of the Artificial Intelligence Software Academy (AISA)
Member of the Commission Expert Group “AI and Data in education and training” of the European Commission