[CogSci] Announcing Neuromatch Academy courses for 2022!

Melvin Selim melvin.selim at neuromatch.io
Tue Apr 5 03:05:41 PDT 2022

Dear friends and colleagues,

We are excited to announce that Neuromatch Academy (NMA) is offering two
courses this year from July 11th to July 29th 2022 which will run in
parallel online.  Applications for students and teaching assistants are now
open until April 20th, 2022.

NMA-Computational Neuroscience

Flagship course covering contemporary computational neuroscience modeling
and analysis techniques.

Content: https://compneuro.neuromatch.io
<https://compneuro.neuromatch.io/tutorials/intro.html>

NMA-Deep Learning: In-depth advanced materials, ideal for graduate students
and postdocs wishing to add computational techniques to their neuroscience
research, or for individuals looking to dive into the Deep Learning world.

Content: https://deeplearning.neuromatch.io
<https://deeplearning.neuromatch.io/tutorials/intro.html>

Application Form: https://portal.neuromatchacademy.org/

What is Neuromatch Academy?

Neuromatch Academy (NMA) launched in 2020 as a response to the COVID-19
pandemic. Our aim is to provide globally-accessible, high-quality,
TA-supported training in computational techniques related to neuroscience.
In 2020 and 2021, NMA designed and ran a fully online 3-week Computational
Neuroscience and a Deep Learning course for over 3000 students with more
than 350 teaching assistants (TAs) working in virtual inverted (or flipped)
classrooms and on small group projects. Fourteen languages, active
community management, and low cost allowed for an unprecedented level of
inclusivity and universal accessibility.

What’s in a course?

Our courses are intensive 3-week programs involving hands-on tutorials
developed by experts in the field. Accepted students are placed into TA-led
pods (groups) using the Neuromatch algorithm, which matches students with
common interests who are in the same timezone and their preferred language
for instruction. Students also receive personalized support as they work
through hands-on tutorials and collaborate on course projects. [Please note
that course participation requires active attendance and attention of the
students for 3 weeks.]

What does it cost?

Neuromatch Academy’s mission is to make education affordable to everybody,
no matter their financial background. We do this by pricing our courses
significantly lower than other summer schools, adjusting for national
economic factors, and allowing students to pay what they can when those
adjustments are insufficient.

Please see the website (https://academy.neuromatch.io/) for additional
information, and volunteer opportunities!

Warm Regards,

Neuromatch Academy team

Stay in touch with us via these platforms:

Website: https://academy.neuromatch.io/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/neuromatch-academy

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neuromatch/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NeuromatchAcademy