[CogSci] Human Concepts in the Environment and Public Health

Micah Goldwater micahbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:08:49 PDT 2021

Dear all,
I wanted to bring the listserve’s attention to a special issue on The Role
of Human Concepts in the Environment and Public Health for the
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph
This journal is unfamiliar to most people in our field, so an FYI, it's
impact factor is 3.39 (if you're into that kind of thing).

The goal is for the special issue to be interdisciplinary, between
cognitive science, environment, and health research.
The due date for manuscripts is Nov 30, but if you want to submit and need
more time, please let me know.

A few notes:

Cognitive scientists who research concepts are serving as "guest editors"
for the issue: Jessecae Marsh, and myself, but our role is closer to
meta-reviewer than a typical Action Editor. That is, we do not handle the
reviewing of the manuscripts themselves but have the discretion to curate
the content of the issue. If you want us to look at a manuscript before
submitting, please feel free to send directly to us.

Last, the journal requires papers to be in a specific format, which may be
different from what some fields (e.g., cognitive psychology) are used to.
We encourage you to use this template before submitting even if it does not
require it, just to save any pain of changing it later on.

Thanks y'all,
Micah

--
Micah B. Goldwater, PhD.