[CogSci] New Conference on Effective Prosocial Behavior - Register now!

Falk Lieder falk.lieder at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue May 25 02:07:22 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce a new interdisciplinary conference on basic and applied research that lays the scientific foundation for improving people’s lives by investigating prosocial behavior, personal growth, and behaviors that are harmful to others or society. We are calling this emerging transdisciplinary research area Life Improvement Science <https://www.life-improvement.science/>, or LIS for short.
The inaugural LIS conference will be held online from June 9-13 2021. Everyone is welcome to participate for free. If you are interested, please register now <https://www.life-improvement.science/registration>.

The conference will feature invited talks on the most promising scientific approaches from motivation science, moral psychology, positive psychology, cognitive science, effective altruism, digital interventions, character education, social and personality psychology, coaching, wisdom scholarship, economics, sociology, and other relevant areas from some of the key researchers in these fields, such as Ken Sheldon, Fiery Cushman, Brian Little, Marina Milyavskaya, Kristjan Kristjansson, Igor Grossmann, Jonathan Passmore, William Fleeson, Isabel Thielmann, and Kendall Bronk. The conference includes innovative, interactive events. For instance, you can try out a mind-matching algorithm that helps you meet people with similar research interests.

The conference also includes a collaborative process for determining which questions the behavioral sciences should prioritize to lay the scientific foundation for making the world a better place.
You can vote on which questions are most important here <https://ismpg.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5bwGXlX4AweKy4m> or propose your own ideas here <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cfBeMSLJVQW3Zeqd08oi1W5KuXoYbqHs6-K0Mbln9ds/edit>. The highest-rated questions will be discussed at the conference. As a sign of our appreciation for your contributions, we will raffle off 2 cash prizes of $100 and 10 cash prizes of $10 each. Your chances of winning will increase with the number of votes you cast and the number of ideas you propose.

Please be thoughtful because we will use your input to set the priorities of life improvement science.

We are looking forward to meeting you at the conference!

The LIS Conference organizers