[CogSci] Seeking guest speakers for a new cognitive science program

Jared Branch Jared.Branch at avila.edu
Sun Mar 7 07:46:27 PST 2021

Avila University is a small, private university located in Kansas City,
Missouri.  Recently, our school of psychology expanded and became the
school of psychology and cognitive science. Within the cognitive science
major, students select a concentration in psychology, biology, math and
computer science, or research. Our program is headed by our cognitive
scientist, Dr. Jared Branch.

Our program is new, and we are working to make potential students aware of
the career options available to them with a degree in cognitive science.
The goal of our recruitment efforts is to recruit high school and community
college students, both within the Kansas City area and in the greater
Midwest region, and, among other possibilities, train them to be
competitive nontechnical workers in our local strong and growing tech
sector.

We are holding a virtual career day Saturday, March 7th, and would like to
invite those with bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in cognitive
science to attend and speak about their careers in cognitive science. We
welcome people from all areas, including industry, government, and
academia. This will be an informal session lasting approximately one hour.
You do not need to prepare a speech; rather, we will utilize a Q&A format,
allowing students to ask questions about working in cognitive science.

If you are interested in speaking to potential students about your career
in cognitive science or have questions, please contact Dr. Branch at
Jared.Branch at avila.edu.