[CogSci] Post doc in Cognitive-Computational Neuroscience at University College London (discrete and continuous human action control under threat)

Dominik R. Bach d.bach at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 00:06:40 PDT 2021

*Post doc in Cognitive-Computational Neuroscience at University College
London: discrete and continuous human action control under threat*

We are looking for a research fellow in an ERC-funded research project
"Action selection under threat - the complex control of human defence"
led by Dr Dominik Bach (http://bachlab.org <http://bachlab.org>) and
based at University College London, Max-Planck UCL Centre for
Computational Psychiatry (https://www.mps-ucl-centre.mpg.de/en
<https://www.mps-ucl-centre.mpg.de/en>) and Wellcome Centre for Human
Neuroimaging (http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/
<http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/>).

The overarching goal of the project is to understand the
cognitive-computational control of human motor behaviour under acute,
immediate threat. We investigate this in an immersive virtual reality
(VR) environment, in which people can move to avoid a large number of
different threats. As part of this project, the candidate will build and
test explicit computational models of discrete and continuous action
control and action updating under constraints of time pressure and
unaffordable costs.

We seek applicants with established cognitive-computational modelling
skills and a PhD in computational neuroscience, robotics with focus on
action planning, computer science/mathematics/physics with a focus on
decision science,  or in a related area. We are looking for an
individual who is strongly motivated to pursue an academic career and is
excited by the opportunities for personal and career development this
position can provide.

The post is available from October 2021 and funded for up to 3 years
with initial appointment for 1 year. Starting salary is on UCL grade 7,
ranging from £36,028 to £43,533 per annum, inclusive of London
Allowance, superannuable.

More information and access to the UCL online application portal:
https://is.gd/VwTJCA <https://is.gd/VwTJCA>

Please contact d.bach at ucl.ac.uk <mailto:d.bach at ucl.ac.uk> for any
queries about the project or role.

*Closing date: 16 July 2021*

Interviews will be held remotely in July.

Apologies for cross-posting.

--
Dominik R Bach MBBS PhD