[CogSci] Call for Participation

Adib, Arwa (Ronald Perelman-Emerg Med-Rsh) Arwa.Adib2 at nyulangone.org
Tue Jun 15 12:14:23 PDT 2021

Hello,

I would like to disseminate a message for a virtual research study.

Are you struggling with depression?

Are you currently receiving treatment for your depression, but not getting better?

If so, you may qualify to participate in our virtual research study at NYU Langone Health (IRB Study #: i17-00349), comparing the efficacy of currently available medications and device-based treatments in the treatment of treatment-resistant depression.

Specifically, this study aims to compare the efficacy of augmenting a person’s pre-existing antidepressant(s) with Aripiprazole (an antipsychotic agent) or rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation) with the efficacy of switching the pre-existing antidepressant(s) to Venlafaxine (or Duloxetine if you have already taken Venlafaxine), a common SNRI antidepressant.

  *   Your participation may last up to 12 weeks
  *   You will complete the research visits VIRTUALLY (no in-person visits unless you are randomized to the rTMS treatment)
  *   You will receive compensation for your time
  *   Your information will remain private

Please take our screening survey using the link below:

https://openredcap.nyumc.org/apps/redcap/surveys/?s=P4LFXLNYPC

If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Anthony Song at Xiaotong.Song at nyulangone.org.

Regards,

Arwa Adib

Arwa Adib

Research Data Associate

NYU Langone Health

NYU Grossman School of Medicine

Department of Psychiatry

145 E. 32nd St., 8th Floor

New York, NY 10016

a<mailto:Xiaotong.Song at nyulangone.org>rwa.adib2 at nyulangone.org

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.