[CogSci] BCCCD2022 (Changes in format and dates)

Hanna Marno and Bálint Varga | BCCCD 2022 Chairs bcccd at outlook.com
Thu Jul 22 10:46:56 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The Cognitive Development Center at CEU is pleased to announce the 12th annual BCCCD meeting in Budapest, Hungary (BCCCD22, January 6-8 & 10-14, 2022).

Given the unpredictable development of the Covid-19 pandemic and the lessons learned from last year's virtual events, we have decided that BCCCD22 will be arranged in a hybrid format and will consist of two components.

The first, on-site component will take place at the Budapest campus of CEU, from 6 to 8 January. As usual, this section will include invited and submitted talks and symposia, as well as poster presentations. While mainly an in-person event, emphasizing face-to-face networking, talks and symposia will be streamed online during this component with additional virtual participation options.

A second, virtual component will take place online during the subsequent week, from 10 to 14 January. On-site participants will take part in this component as well but we welcome additional submissions of empirical and theoretical work from those who prefer or are able to present only virtually. All presenters will have their dedicated channel on an online platform, with their material (video & other) uploaded directly into the channel, so that attendees will have access to the presentations that they can discuss in the same space. Additionally, presenters will be asked to be online in their channel during assigned sessions, so that participants in all time zones can attend each other's presentation slots.

We are committed to create an impactful and inclusive conference in spite of the changing circumstances. With this hybrid format, we want to ensure that all registered participants will be able to benefit from similar opportunities during BCCCD22.

Submissions for on-site symposia, talks, and posters, as well as virtual presentations will be open on 1 September and will be due by 30 September.

For more information, please visit https://bcccd.org/.

Hanna Marno and Bálint Varga

Conference chairs

INVITED SPEAKERS

  *   Fiery Cushman<https://psychology.fas.harvard.edu/people/fiery-cushman> (Harvard University)

  *   Rebecca Saxe<http://saxelab.mit.edu/people/rebecca-saxe> (MIT)

INVITED SYMPOSIUM

Active learning: computational, neural and developmental perspectives

  *   Jacqueline Gottlieb<https://www.gottlieblab.com> (Columbia University)

  *   Constantin A. Rothkopf<https://www.pip.tu-darmstadt.de/ag_pip/members_pip/publications.en.jsp> (Technical University of Darmstadt)

  *   Azzurra Ruggeri<https://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/staff/azzurra-ruggeri.html> (Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Technical University Munich)

IMPORTANT DATES

  *   Deadline for submissions: September 30, 2021 midnight CET (GMT+1)

  *   Notifications of acceptance: October 22, 2021

  *   Registration opens: October 23, 2021

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @CogDevCeu<https://twitter.com/cogdevceu?lang=en>