[CogSci] Postdoc position at UCLouvain, Belgium (Gilles Vannuscorps)

Gilles Vannuscorps gilles.vannuscorps at uclouvain.be
Thu Jul 8 00:56:40 PDT 2021

Post-doctoral position at UCLouvain, Belgium
A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Gilles Vannuscorps. The postdoctoral researcher will get a lot of freedom to work on their own projects, provided they are in line with one or several of the focus areas of the lab.  One research focus is the study of the impact of congenital and acquired sensorimotor deprivation (e.g., limb aplasia, Moebius Syndrome) on cognition, vision, and brain organization. For instance, we are currently interested in studying the impact of gaze paralysis on visual perception. Another focus is on characterizing the visual and cognitive bases of action perception and comprehension. For instance, we are interested in characterising whether, when and how motoric resources/experience may contribute to some aspects of action perception. We also study the cognitive and neural bases of knowledge of the body biomechanics and its influences on action and perception. A third area of focus, inspired by a recent case study1, is to better understand the basis of object orientation perception. We plan to study this issue by conducting behavioural, neuropsychological (e.g., with dyslexic individuals) and neuroimaging studies. The postdoctoral researcher will also have the opportunity to be involved in projects of other lab members and in supervising bachelor's and master's projects.
Your profile
- You hold a PhD in a field related to our research or will hold a PhD by September 2021.
- You have excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- You have excellent communication skills and you enjoy working in a team.
- You have publications in international journals on topics related to our research.

Our offer
We offer full-time employment for 1 or 2 years, depending on your own preference and the results of a mid-term evaluation. The ideal starting date is in the Fall of 2021. The lab is located in the department of Psychology of the UCLouvain in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.

Applications
Applications should be sent by email to Gilles Vannuscorps at gilles.vannuscorps at uclouvain.be<mailto:gilles.vannuscorps at uclouvain.be> and should include (1) a CV, (2) a short motivation letter and (3) the name of at least one senior researcher who would be willing to be contacted. Application deadline is August 1st, 2021. Candidates will be notified shortly after, and interviews conducted in the following two weeks.