[CogSci] Extended Deadline Special Issue: Prediction and Perception in Humans and Robots

Alejandra Ciria ciriacontacto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:24:26 PDT 2021

Dear all;

The call for papers for our special issue in Prediction and Perception in
Humans and Robots has been extended:

*New dates:*
*Paper submission deadline* - 1 September 2021
*Notification to authors* - 1 November 2021
*Deadline revised papers submission* - 15 January 2022
*Final version* - 15 February 2022

The call can be found in:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=9448373

We would like to announce a special issue for the journal IEEE Transactions
on Cognitive and Developmental Systems.

The general topic revolves around perceptual optimization processes related
to attentional and predictive mechanisms. We are interested in work coming
from a wide range of areas including robotics, psychology, philosophy and
neuroscience.

Themes include:

   - Attentional and gating mechanisms for action and sensory information
   processing
   - Context- and task-dependent perceptual optimization
   - Sensory attenuation/cancellation and sensory enhancement/facilitation
   - Interplay of predictive and attentional mechanisms for prediction
   error minimization
   - Multimodal integration and/or cross-modal interactions
   - State representation learning
   - Constrained innate priors that drive learning
   - Prediction in language learning and comprehension
   - Prediction error dynamics monitoring
   - Dreaming, non-conscious perception, hallucination, altered perceptual
   phenomena

Kind regards,
Dra. Alejandra Ciria

Ciencias Cognitivas y del Comportamiento
Facultad de Psicología
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Circuito Ciudad Universitaria
C.P. 04510