[CogSci] Paid Internship at Behavioral Science Nonprofit

Lila Abreu lila.abreu at findingfive.com
Wed Jan 13 07:19:20 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

FindingFive is a nonprofit technology startup that maintains a one-stop
platform for creating, running, and managing behavioral research (
https://www.findingfive.com).  We are hiring a software development intern,
with pay! We are looking for graduate students, postdocs, and other
trainees in behavioral sciences who are interested in creating behavioral
science software.

Who we are:

FindingFive is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the mission
of lowering the access and technological barrier to conducting online
behavioral experiments. We’re a small team that values inclusivity and open
science. We strive to make the platform intuitive and user-friendly for
behavioral scientists, and we aim to protect participant privacy and
well-being.

Job Responsibilities:

   -

   Attending weekly group and team meetings
   -

   Learning and developing skills to convert study designs created by our
   researcher users into participant-interactable "study apps"
   -

   Maintaining regular communication with team members on project progress
   and goals.

Required qualifications:

   -

   Legal authorization to work in the United States.
   -

   Affiliation with an accredited university as a current graduate or
   undergraduate student, postdoctoral fellow, or full-time research
   assistant/lab manager.

Preferred qualifications:

   -

   Proficiency in Python (Python 3 strongly preferred)
   -

   Experience with developing web apps using HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript

Stipend: $1500

Dates: 12 weeks. Start date is flexible but must be completed by the end of
Summer 2021.

Time Commitment: 10 hrs /week on average.

Application:

Interested applicants should complete the following google form by March
1st, 2021.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSugrvsFOknvxVINmXUCKf-2A7MEADaeuCDmKeylWBlxhR7A/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please direct questions to hello at findingfive.com. Thank you for your
interest!