[CogSci] Life Improvement Science Conference - June 2021 - Call for submissions!

Falk Lieder falk.lieder at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Feb 12 04:59:34 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce a new conference that brings together
researchers and practitioners interested in helping people do more good
in better ways, developing themselves, and living a meaningful life. We
call this emerging transdisciplinary research area Life Improvement
Science <http://www.life-improvement.science>or LIS for short. The
inaugural LIS conference will be held online in June 2021. Our goal is
to bring together a multi-disciplinary community of researchers and
practitioners interested in understanding and promoting well-doing.

*Life Improvement Science Call for Abstracts*

We are delighted to announce the *Call for Submissions*
<https://www.life-improvement.science/call-for-submissions>. We invite
abstracts for talks, posters, tutorials, symposia, panel discussions,
and other topics relevant to life improvement science. We especially
encourage contributions that further the dialogue about the most
important open questions of life improvement science and how they can be
addressed. Your talk, symposium, or panel discussion could highlight one
or more important questions that life improvement science
<https://sites.google.com/d/1dR_Zs4OtYKZFP2Y-_1acuQAoRUxDlrfe/p/1k3DVdfl4g4uZ5Tg59yEimbdZZeilJyxD/edit>should
address or present findings, methods, or ideas relevant for addressing
open questions about well-doing, optimal personal development, and
reducing ill-doing, such as these
<https://sites.google.com/d/1dR_Zs4OtYKZFP2Y-_1acuQAoRUxDlrfe/p/1isfFqvY0b4Wd0oL5l2ftZHjL4n37cCmY/edit>.
We also welcome abstracts for posters.

The final abstract submission deadline is *April 16, 2021*. Is there
anything you might want to submit? If you are not sure which of your
work might be a good fit for this new conference, then just ask us
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJQOOSres_Hw4NHHGTnhhYE7Cm76e0fOv0CIb4A-WPbBbNbA/viewform?usp=sf_link>by
February 28, and we will help you to determine fit before submission
and/or help you develop your submission.

If you would like to learn more about LIS and the upcoming LIS
conference, you can check our website
<https://sites.google.com/view/life-improvement-science/life-improvement-science>.
If you would like to stay up to date on Life Improvement Science and the
LIS conference, send an email to LIS-on at tuebingen.mpg.de
<mailto:LIS-on at tuebingen.mpg.de>or follow us on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/LifeImprovSci>,and we will keep you posted.

*Please help us spread the word about LIS and the LIS conference by
forwarding this email to other people who might be interested.*

Best wishes,

Falk Lieder, Mike Prentice, and the LIS conference organizers

--
Falk Lieder, Ph.D.
Max Planck Research Group Leader for Rationality Enhancement