[CogSci] PhD studies in virtual reality

Alen Hajnal Alen.Hajnal at usm.edu
Sun Dec 19 12:33:23 PST 2021

The Perception Action Cognition (PAC) Lab is looking for new graduate students for a starting date of August 2022.

Deadline for applications is March 1, 2022.​​​​

Current research topics include affordances in virtual reality, 3D shape perception, complex time series analysis.

Please consult my list of recent papers:

https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=c9bakr4AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate

What I am looking for in a graduate student is a dedicated, highly motivated person with excellent quantitative and behavioral statistics skills. Minimally, I require from the candidate to express the willingness to learn some of the essential computing tools such as MATLAB, R, python and others. Our lab works with Oculus VR, Pupil Labs eye tracker, and a 5-camera VICON motion capture system. We also have a 3D printer and scanner.

The successful applicant will receive a full paid assistantship (with a tuition waiver) that is renewable every year for up to 5 years.

The deadline for applications is March 1, 2022. Submit official university transcripts, TOEFL (for international applicants) score, statement of research interests, and 3 recommendation letters.

GRE scores are NOT required.

Submit an application to the Brain and Behavior PhD program here:

https://www.usm.edu/graduate-admissions/index.php#apply<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usm.edu%2Fgraduate-admissions%2Findex.php%23apply&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGc373nYPnuQYD_NkcmZujjp6twow>

(please select Fall 2022)

Alen Hajnal, PhD.
Associate Professor
<https://www.usm.edu/brain-and-behavior>Coordinator of Brain and Behavior PhD Program<https://www.usm.edu/graduate-programs/psychology-brain-behavior.php>