[CogSci] Call for registrations/young scholar submissions for the 2021 International Wisdom Summit

Igor Grossmann igrossma at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 4 07:23:21 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues and students,

We would like to draw your attention for the free international scientific meeting on the topics of wisdom, judgment, morality, and culture - the 2021 Wisdom Summit, to take place on October 11. https://wisdomsummit.uwaterloo.ca/

To better prepare for the summit, we ask psychological scientists and other empirically-oriented scholars working on judgment, morality, ethics, and related themes to complete a 10 min survey to help us identify points of convergence and divergence on the questions about wisdom, morality, and culture, and share insights with the academics and the general public. https://uwaterloo.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ugtnS7392S2wZ0

More on the summit mission is below:
Consider the world we live in today. Over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have repeatedly debated freedom and economic interests versus protection of the most vulnerable among us. Natural and humanitarian disasters have forced us to reconsider the balance of short and long-term interests. And we are just at the onset of an infodemic, with an ever-increasing flow of information and misinformation.
For millennia, in times like these scholars have called for wisdom. And in the last few decades, scientists became interested in this topic, too. What do psychological scientists think about wisdom and how does it relate to morals, ethics and our cultural biases? We welcome you to discuss these questions in our 2021 Wisdom Summit. Like in the Task Force meeting two years ago (https://psyarxiv.com/w9ygc/), we start with a program-building survey to identify points of convergence and divergence, to share insights with the academics and the general public. Our summit will also include keynotes and discussions. So, please help us by starting with a survey and make sure to register for the live event on October 11.

With best wishes,

Igor

Igor Grossmann, Ph.D.
IgorGrossmann.com<https://igorgrossmann.com/>
Director, Wisdom and Culture Laboratory
uWaterloo.ca/Wisdom-and-Culture-lab<https://uwaterloo.ca/wisdom-and-culture-lab>
Associate Editor, Social Psychological and Personality Science
Co-host of the On Wisdom Podcast
OnWisdomPodcast.com<https://onwisdompodcast.com/>

Associate Professor of Psychology
University of Waterloo, Canada